Faq install on more than one PC
Can I install PLS_Toolbox (or Solo) on more than one PC, such as on my desktop and laptop computer?
Under the single-user license agreement, we allow installation of our software products on multiple computers provided that:
- these computers are accessed only by the licensed end-user and
- only one copy is in use simultaneously
Thus, for example, one copy can be installed on both a desktop and laptop, provided that the single user uses only one of these at a time.
We allow use of a single-user license by multiple end-users if and only if:
- the software is installed on a single computer
- that computer requires the end-users to be physically present to access the software, such as with a walk-up computer in a laboratory and
- only one user is accessing the software at a time (no concurrent signons)
Our license agreement does not permit single-user licenses to be installed on multiple computers accessed by multiple individuals, nor does it allow multiple users to access a single-user license over a network.
If multiple users are going to access the software on multiple computers, they each need to have their own single-user license, or a floating-license with license server that limits the number of copies in simultaneous use.
For more information see:
Still having problems? Please contact our helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org